Registered Midwife (RM)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Registered Nurse Educator (RNE)
B.Sc Nursing, PGDE, M.Ed Ph.D, University of Calabar, CRS
M.Sc. Nursing, University of Nigeria, UNN
Her area of interest is Maternal, Newborn, Child and Women` Health Nursing. She is also interested in Adolescent Reproductive Health, Hiv/Aids Counseling and Health promotion and also focuses on challenges in Nursing Education. She is a research Midwife and has over 50 Publications in Maternal and child Nursing and has presented her works in both Local and International conferences such as 31st ICM Triennial Congress at Toronto, Canada, WACN BGA at Palais De Congress of Cotonou, WACN BGM at Brook Fields, Freetown, Sierra Leone and WACN 14th BGM/ 37th council Meeting at Ecowas Conference Center, Asokoro, Abuja. Has a long standing teaching experience in Nursing and Midwifery courses. She is a Fellow of West African College of Nursing.
Positions held, Awards and Honors (Selected)
- Fellow West African College of Nursing
- Cordinator of Midwifery Programme
- Departmental Registration Officer
- Assistant cordinator for graduate midwifery programme
- External Examiner/ Marker for Professional Nursing/Midwifery Council Exams
- External Examiner/ Marker for the engagement of Federal Teachers Scheme
- External Monitor for NECO SSCE Examinations
- Member Academic Staff Union of University
- Member National ASSO of Nigerian Nurses / Midwives
- Member Asso for Educational Admin and Planning
- Member Counselling Association of Nigeria
- Member North American Nursing Diagnosis Association ( NANDAI)
- Member Centre for Research Training and Development Work
- Best All Round Nurse- (SON CAL)
- Best in Academics ( SON CAL)
- Odukpani Local Government scholarship
- Ojong, I.N., Nwakwue N., Ojo-Omagbor, J.D (2019) Perception of Neonatal Mortality Prevention among Caregivers of under five in Calabar Municipality, Cross River State Nigeria. IOSR Journal of Nursing and Health Science 8(1) 01-07.
- I. N., Nsemo, A.D., Eno, E. J. (2019) Knowledge Attitude and Practice of Cervical Cancer Screening among Female Students in Tertiary Institution in Calabar, Internationa Journal of Development Research IJDR 9(1) 25384-25390.
- Ezenwuba C.O. Osuala, E. O., Ojong,I. N., Onuzulike, N. M.,(2019) Perception of Injection Safety Measures Among In –Service Training Nurses in Selected Health Facilities in Owerri Senatorial Zone, Imo State, Nigeria. IOSR JNHS 8(1) 23-28
- Udi, O. A., Osuala , E. O., Ojong I. N., Ogbu, B. N (2019) Outcomes of Medications Errors: Assessing the Opinion of Nurses in Tertiary Institution in Southern Nigeria IOSRJNHS 8 (2) 35-40
- Ojong I. N. Mgbekem, M. A. Uka.V.K. (2017) Infection Control Practices among Health Care Providers in Secondary Health Facility in Calabar. Cross River State, Nigeria. IJDR 7(1) 11292-11295.
- Ojong, I. N. Mgbekem,M A., Uka, V. K. (2016) Determinants of Reproductive Health Awareness among Secondary School Students in Northern Cross River State, Nigeria, International Journal of Science & Research Methods IJSRM 5(2) 137-143.
- Ojong, I. N., Esienumoh, E.E.& Uka , V. K (2016) Breast Cancer Awareness and Practice of Breast Self- Examination among Women in Adiabo Community in Odukpani LGA, Cross River State, Nigeria, Clinical Nursing Studies 4 (1) 50-56.
- Ojong I.N., Chiotu, C. N., Nlumanze, F.F. (2015) Factors Influencing the Practice of Exclusive Breast Feeding among Mothers in Tertiary Health Facility in Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria,. American Journal of Nursing Science 4(1) 16-21.
- Ojong, I.N,. Uga A. L., Chiotu,.C .N. (2015) Knowledge And Attitude of Pregnant women towards Focus Ante Natal Care Services in UCTH,Nigeria. International Journal of Nursing, Midwife and Health Related Cases 1(1) 14-21.
- Ojong, I. N., Ojong-Alasia M. M., Samson-Akpan P.E. (2014) Influence of Gender and School Location on Sexual Behaviors among Secondary School Students in Southern Cross River. Nigeria. Archives of Applied Science Research 6(1) 127-130